As an overlay on your ECDIS system, or as “stand-alone SW” exchanging route information with your ECDIS, combining a dedicated route planning tool with the best weather forecast is what we call “Weather-Navigation.”
The primary goal for Jeppesen Marine is to provide navigators around the
world with all nautical information necessary for safe, secure and efficient navigation.
The Weather Service is based on the best available sources of weather information (ECMWF), and can easily be updated by email or HTTP. When browsing the global and detailed forecast you have dedicated functionality on hand helping you to make better decisions.The Weather Service can be utilized in Jeppesen’s OceanView software or in ECDIS systems supporting our services.
By merging Jeppesen electronic charts and the most accurate Wind and Wave forecast available into the chart display systems, the possibility to plan the optimal sea route for a safe voyage is right at your fingertips. In addition, information such as Tropical Cyclones, Ice Coverage, Satellite Wind measurement, historical forecast and observations, etc are all part of this innovative and price competitive service. When you also know that Piracy warning is available as an option, your choice of Weather Service should be even more straight forward.
Controlling the Weather means controlling cost, efficiency and safety of Ship, Crew, Cargo and Environment.
Advantages with Jeppesen weather service:
- A unique integrated solution suggesting a safe route taking into consideration information from Jeppesen electronic charts and our premium quality weather service. As part of the OceanView SW or in dedicated ECDIS systems
- Tropical cyclone warnings shown as a map overlay; updated every 30 minutes.
- Astronomical water level and current vectors for all major ports in all straights and also in a worldwide grid at sea.
- Additional weather information such as Ice Coverage, Satellite wind observations, historical forecast, etc is included in the subscription
- Jeppesen Piracy overlay as an optional service (link to Jeppesen Piracy Service); by combining latest Piracy attacks with Wave height, you can find a safer route.
- Seamless world coverage, no “Areas” or hidden costs.
- Ship dedicated forecast; by setting your own alarms for critical weather you will easily detect and plot severe weather along your route or as chart overlay.
- Easy downloading and browsing of Met-Ocean data - a true One-Click Download! By Internet or Email (incl. push services)
- Highly compressed files for download using Jeppesen’s CM-93/3 compression format saves you time and costs both for chart and weather updates.
- Possibility to distribute or share the chart and weather information. Printing, saving and emailing have been made easy.
- Option to take full advantage of Jeppesen’s global electronic charts, including ENC and the Jeppesen Chart Update Service