What sets Jeppesen Vessel and Voyage Optimization Solution (VVOS) apart?
The Jeppesen Vessel and Voyage Optimization Solution (VVOS) makes every one of your voyages more profitable by enabling each vessel in your fleet to attain higher efficiency, improved operating margins and operating risk mitigation. This is done through tools that optimize schedule adherence, improve safety, and achieve new levels of customer satisfaction and competitive advantage.
- Automatically creates a full range of optimized routes for balancing trade-offs between ETA and fuel consumption
- Optimized minimum fuel speed plan for required arrival time
- Comparison of VVOS optimal speed management to a traditional constant speed or “sprint and loiter” strategy
- Simulation tools for any route in the forecasted weather conditions with comparisons of trade-offs between ETA, ship motions, fuel consumption, hull stresses, weather and sea conditions
- Includes full 15-day high-resolution wind, wave and ocean current forecasts
- Document reductions in greenhouse gas emissions
- Identifies most efficient routes and utilizes a just-in-time operating strategy that avoids wasting fuel with sprint and loiter alternatives
- Route optimization helps avoid excessive motions, accelerations and hull stress before it’s too late
- 24/7/365 routing support from experienced ship masters
- Reduce fuel consumption over present practice/performance baseline
- Reduce ship motions
- Improve schedule integrity, reliability and operations planning
- Part of Jeppesen’s Integrated Maritime Suite
- Route import/export in 20 different ECDIS formats improving workflow and reducing mistakes
- Integration with Jeppesen cartography including automated depth and obstruction check (requires subscription from Jeppesen)
- Integration with onboard E-mail systems allows automatic weather forecast updates
Advanced Routing and Seakeeping Algorithms
VVOS utilizes advanced routing algorithms to accurately and comprehensively optimize each route for on-time arrival while minimizing fuel consumption, maintaining your seakeeping limits and avoiding heavy weather.
Using sophisticated hydrodynamic modeling, optimization algorithms and high-resolution ocean forecasts, the VVOS guidance system recommends speed and heading changes to manage ship motions and help minimize heavy weather damage.
Unlike traditional weather routing services, VVOS includes a detailed, ship-specific model of your ship’s motion, engine and propeller characteristics. This ship model computes the speed made good under forecast wind, wave and ocean current conditions at a given engine power and propeller RPM, as well as ship motion limitations uniquely defined for each ship.
Accurate ETA predictions are possible using industry-best met-ocean forecasts in conjunction with sophisticated vessel performance models and advanced route optimization algorithms. At sea, ships download the latest ocean area forecasts via satellite communication. Masters can update and re-optimize passage plans as new forecasts become available or operational requirements change during a passage. With this process of daily continued refinement, a safer and more economical passage can be achieved.
VVOS provides the crew with decision-support tools that enable them to evaluate various scenarios and select the one that best meets their specific operational objectives.
Vessel safety and operations risk management is further improved through continuous monitoring of voyage progress to plan, real-time seakeeping and the ongoing analysis of vessel performance metrics.
Today, VVOS solutions are used by onboard ship officers, shoreside operations and cargo planners, technical staff and commercial managers to realize improved operational efficiency and performance.
Jeppesen Integrated Maritime Suite
VVOS is a part of the Jeppesen Integrated Maritime Suite (IMS) which focuses on providing solutions for shipping companies to help improve their operational efficiencies as it relates to voyage planning and nautical information management, reducing cargo damage, improving safety and schedule predictability all while lowering fuel consumption and operational costs.
Minimum System Requirements
- Desktop computer or notebook PC running Windows XP, Vista, or 7.0
- Color graphics card with SVGA/XVGA support, monitor supporting 1024x768 or higher
- 5 GB of hard drive space
- 2 GB RAM
- DVD Drive for Installation
- Optional GPS
- E-mail or Internet access for weather forecast updates.