Ship route planning and weather display helps you arrive on time, conserve fuel and avoid heavy weather damage.
What sets Jeppesen Vessel and Voyage Optimization Solution (VVOS) apart?
The Jeppesen Vessel and Voyage Optimization Solution (VVOS) makes every one of your voyages more profitable by enabling each vessel in your fleet to attain higher efficiency, as well as improved operating margins and operating risk mitigation. This is achieved through tools that optimize schedule adherence, improve safety, and realize new levels of customer satisfaction and competitive advantage.
Onboard Tools and Professional Services
Whether you’re a captain with years at sea who appreciates onboard decision-support tools, or it’s your first time as ship master and you’re looking for shoreside routing support from professional master mariners, VVOS has you covered. Over the years, VVOS has become a favorite of ship masters around the world who are looking for the most advanced and proven optimized routing solution available.
VVOS provides the crew with decision-support tools that enable them to evaluate various scenarios and select the one that best meets their specific operational objectives.
Vessel safety and operations risk management is further improved through continuous monitoring of voyage progress to plan, real-time seakeeping and the ongoing analysis of vessel performance metrics.
Today, VVOS solutions are used by onboard ship officers, shoreside operations and cargo planners, technical staff and commercial managers to realize improved operational efficiency and performance.
Jeppesen Integrated Maritime Suite
VVOS is a part of the Jeppesen Integrated Maritime Suite (IMS), which focuses on providing solutions for shipping companies to help improve their operational efficiencies as it relates to voyage planning and nautical information management, reducing cargo damage, improving safety and schedule predictability all while lowering fuel consumption and operational costs.
- Includes full 15-day high-resolution wind, wave and ocean current forecasts
- Document reductions in greenhouse gas emissions
- Identifies most efficient routes and utilizes a just-intime operating strategy that avoids wasting fuel with sprint and loiter alternatives
- Route optimization helps avoid excessive motions, accelerations and hull stress before it’s too late
- 24/7/365 routing support from experienced ship masters
- Reduce fuel consumption over present practice/ performance baseline
- Reduce ship motions
- Improve schedule integrity, reliability and operations planning
- Part of Jeppesen’s Integrated Maritime Suite
- Route import/export in 20 different ECDIS formats, improving workflow and reducing mistakes
- Integration with Jeppesen cartography including automated depth and obstruction check*
- Integration with onboard email systems allows automatic weather forecast updates
*Requires subscription from Jeppesen
Minimum System Requirements
- Desktop computer or notebook PC running Windows XP, Vista, or 7.0
- Color graphics card with SVGA/XVGA support, monitor supporting 1024x768 or higher
- 5 GB of hard drive space
- 2 GB RAM
- DVD Drive for installation
- Optional GPS
- Email or Internet access for weather forecast updates