Terminal Charts application on A380 main features:
- Developed with Airbus Cockpit Team: Jeppesen EFB experts and Airbus Human Factors experts leveraged their knowledge to create a generation of pilot applications
- Seamless integration into cockpit workflow: Jeppesen application is adapted to the philosophy of the avionics workflow, connection to aircraft allows data read-out
- Usable in all flight phases: Setup on ground or in cruise via keyboard, chart viewing, and manipulating during taxi and final approach by using the "stowed keyboard mode"
- Cpt. and F/O systems interconnected: Transfer single chart or entire chart clip from right to left or vice versa, use identical views for briefings
- Proven ergonomic position: Pilot interface integrated in Airbus Onboard Information System using keyboard, touchpad, additional control device (ACD) and OIS screen
- Onboard printing capability: Print single charts, charts selection or entire clip directly in the cockpit
- Evaluated by Airbus test pilots and airline pilots: Development has been an evolutionary, iterative process, incorporating needs and expertise of end users