Jeppesen, a part of Boeing Digital Aviation, is sponsoring a free educational webinar series for improving pilot awareness and navigational skills. The “Chart Clinic Confidential” series of interactive presentations is aimed at increasing general aviation pilot knowledge related to working with aviation navigation information and charts.
Hosted by highly experienced pilots and navigation information professionals, the Chart Clinic Confidential series is scheduled for five sessions throughout 2014. The series will focus on best practices for accessing and applying critical chart information in all stages of flight. Both digital navigation information and paper charts will be discussed, to provide helpful tips and information for an improved flying experience.
The Chart Clinic Confidential series is scheduled as follows:
· Thurs., May 15 at 1 p.m. ET. “Cleared for Takeoff” - highlighting airport diagrams, including how charts are indexed, revision and effective dates, lighting, usable runway lengths, alternate and takeoff minimums, and more.
· Thurs., June 26 at 1 p.m. ET. “Climb Via” - follow a flight through an obstacle departure procedure and an SID.
· Thurs., Aug. 14 at 1 p.m. ET. “Checking In” - enroute charting and symbology are discussed.
· Thurs., Sept. 25 at 1 p.m. ET. “Descend Via” – examining STAR procedures and destination airports.
· Thurs., Nov. 6 at 1 p.m. ET. “Cleared for Approach” - approach charts will be reviewed in detail to help find and access critical information.
“Pilots need to be up to speed with how to read and access charts and navigation information across all phases of flight to safely and efficiently reach their destinations,” said Reggie Arsenault, director, Jeppesen General Aviation Client Management. “The Chart Clinic Confidential series will be a fun and informative educational initiative that will bring our popular chart clinics into the current digital age, considering the expanding use of iPad and mobile solutions in the cockpit.”
To participate in the May 15 Chart Clinic Confidential webinar, free registration is available at https://cc.readytalk.com/r/rselfxdegaqx&eom. For more information on the Chart Clinic Confidential series, its presenters and schedule, please visit http://www.jeppesen.com/webinars.
For 80 years, Jeppesen has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations. Today, this pioneering spirit continues as Jeppesen delivers transformative information and optimization solutions to improve the efficiency of air and sea operations around the globe. Jeppesen is a Boeing subsidiary and part of the Digital Aviation business unit within Boeing Commercial Aviation Services. Boeing offers the industry’s largest portfolio of services, support and solutions, collectively known as the Boeing Edge, providing customers a competitive advantage by solving real operational problems, enabling better decisions, maximizing efficiency and improving environmental performance – intelligent information solutions across the entire aviation ecosystem.