Visitors to the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show, May 24-27 on Australia’s Gold Coast, will be among the first to see the combined navigation power of C-MAP 4D cartography and Furuno’s new GP Series chartplotters.
Furuno is introducing two new chartplotters designed exclusively for C-MAP 4D, the 5.7” GP-1670 and 7” GP-1870. Both are also available with built-in echosounders (models GP-1670F and GP-1870F, respectively) featuring the latest Furuno digital fishfinder technology. Other key features of these new plotters include super accurate 50-channel GPS receivers with standard built-in antennas and bonded color TFT LCD displays with special Anti-Reflective (AR) glass filters for optimum performance on open boats. These advanced LCD screens — which remain clearly visible even when wearing polarized sunglasses — are the ideal platform for displaying the advanced chart detail, navigation features and information provided by C-MAP 4D cartography.
- C-MAP 4D gives boaters the most detailed cartography and expansive chart coverage with all the popular C-MAP MAX features, along with a variety of exclusive 4D functions that include:
- 3D chart views with high-resolution coastal satellite imagery overlaid onto accurate and up-to-date vector chart data
- Exclusive aerial photos depicting popular harbors, marinas and inlets — for added confidence in unfamiliar waters
- Digital raster charts with 2D and 3D overlay
- Exclusive Easy Routing feature that automatically creates the safest, shortest route for boaters
- Customizable charts that can grow with your boating needs, such as Jeppesen’s unique Value Added Data including specialized sport fishing info, wreck data, and more
With the fourth dimension in C-MAP 4D being time — the ability to add or update chart information at any time — owners of these new Furuno chartplotters never have to worry about their charts becoming obsolete. The core of C-MAP 4D is Jeppesen’s commitment to continually enhance and improve these electronic charts, so boaters around the world can continually enjoy a superior navigational experience.
Boaters are encouraged to see C-MAP 4D and the new Furuno GP-1670 and GP-1870 Series chartplotters for themselves at the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show, or to get more information online at www.jeppesen.com/lightmarine.
Jeppesen is a market-leading provider of vessel operations services and digital navigation solutions, based on worldwide vector chart data type approved to ISO19879, meteorological information and transmission technologies. Jeppesen offers a wide range of navigation and operations products and services to both recreational and commercial marine markets. Safety-conscious boaters and operators of vessels ranging from coastal to SOLAS class, rely on Jeppesen for innovative navigation solutions that improve safety and efficiency.
Jeppesen is a subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Jeppesen corporate information is available online at jeppesen.com.
Marine Communications Specialist
Global Marketing Manager, Light Marine
On-site (39) 335-788-2586