Mobile Device Management
Successful management of mobile devices, at an enterprise level, is both critical and complex. As mobile devices are becoming much more common in the aviation industry, mobile device management (MDM) tools are now available to help effectively manage and control those devices, and the content residing on those devices.
Because each device management offering and each customer has its own proprietary processes, Jeppesen will work with leading providers to identify key integration points to enable functionality common between providers and Jeppesen products and services e.g., FliteDeck Pro for iPad®; allowing for a more seamless operation to the customer.
Jeppesen: “Elite” Partner of AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Management solutions
Jeppesen now offers our commercial, business, university, and military aviation operator’s industry leading Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions and services through AirWatch a leading providers of mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile eMail management (MEM), and mobile content management (MCM) products and services.
Aviation operators using any Jeppesen mobile products and solutions, such as Jeppesen FliteDeck and FliteDeck Pro for iPad, smart phones or Android® tablets will now be able to receive AirWatch EMM solutions as part of their service agreement with Jeppesen. The AirWatch / Jeppesen offering includes;
- Full mobile lifecycle Device, Application, eMail, and Content Management products
- Professional Services support for setup and deployment, training, virtual and onsite support
- Access to Jeppesen’s GSCC Customer Support 365/24/7 for ongoing customer service
- Single, integrated invoice for all Jeppesen product purchases, now including AirWatch
AirWatch® EMM Solutions enable the customer to manage track, monitor, and manage their devices, as well as their corporate policies and configurations for those mobile devices. This helps the enterprise manage mobile ecosystems through the use of security, network services, software, communications, and hardware management across various OS platforms.
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Overview
AirWatch’s EMM solutions software is first most, a mobile device management (MDM) software tool used to manage devices and content on those devices. It employs the use of corporate policies and configurations throughout the devices entire lifecycle, to manage device content globally.
The benefits of MDM offerings are:
- Manage the entire mobile device lifecycle
- Increase scale of mobile deployments
- Real-time visibility into mobile environment
- Administer consistent policies across devices
- Enforce enterprise security and compliance
- Secure data transmitted to and from devices
- Automate processes and issue resolution
- Analyze and report critical device information
These device management concepts are also built into the management of apps (mobile application management), content (mobile content management), and eMail (mobile email management); providing for a complete enterprise mobility management solution.
Additionally, security, over the device, the apps, or the content contained on the device is of top concern to any operation, whether it’s corporate owned or employee owned devices. As such, security is a core component to all AirWatch solutions.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Mobile Email Management (MEM)
- Mobile Content Management (MCM)
The primary delivery model for these solutions is software as a service (SaaS), via the cloud; however, an on-premise offering is also available for customers desiring more control over their network and content.
These solutions support a wide range of devices and operating systems: Android, Apple iOS, BlackBerry, Mac OS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, and Windows Phone
To learn more about how Jeppesen mobile solutions can help your operation transition to a dynamic paperless cockpit, and for MDM pricing, please contact a Jeppesen Support Professional today.